Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Veg but not VEG

I'm bringing my manifestations to fruition in creating this blog. My goal is to photograph each meal that I eat in 2010 and have a photo diary of my food explorations. People ask me questions all the time about how I eat- I've been eating a mostly vegetarian diet for the past year. I don't call myself a vegetarian because technically I'm not. One of my favorite foods has always been crab and I still enjoy it throughout the year. I am also willing to try fish varieties that I have never had before, but that hasn't really come up for me this year and I don't have a desire to go out and seek fish to eat. I also get a lot of questions because my husband does continue to eat all types of meat although we have decided to eat only vegetarian meals at home and refrain from allocating funds toward meat products. At times I enjoy cooking and this motivates me to try new things to achieve the same flavors that I previously enjoyed as a meat eater. I also enjoyed a vegan diet for two months in 2009. More later about exactly how I arrived on this journey and life. Look forward to some preliminary photos from a couple of test days of photos.

1 comment:

  1. Today I realized that McDonald's uses BEEF in their fries! No More! Now I see that 2010 WILL be a lot healthier for me! And I thought it was all about looking out for trans fats...

    ReplyDelete